School Meals Menu & Information
Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
How do I find out ?
You may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child, up to the age of 19-years-old, if you (or your child) get one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
To claim a free school meal you should ask your child’s school or nursery for an application form. You will need to complete the form and return it to the school/nursery, along with evidence to support your application.
For more information on school meals, please see cityserve our school meals provider.
Cited: BCC - 20/11/2019
What to do next?
If your application for Free School Meals is successful, Dame Ellen Pinsent School will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can:
- Apply online at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham
- Telephone the school office with your name, date of birth and national insurance number. School will then carry out the on-line check for you and let you know the outcome.
Log on to the school website www.dameellenpinsent.bham.sch.uk for information on how pupil premium is allocated.
Our school menu is on a four week rolling programme. There is also a Daily Specials menu.
Please use the menus and information below to see what your child may choose from each day.
Week 1 - Weeks Beginning
5th October, 2nd November, 30th November,
Week 2 - Weeks Beginning
12th October, 9th November, 7th December
Week 3 - Weeks Beginning
19th October, 16th November, 14th December
Week 4 - Weeks Beginning
26th October, 23rd November