Classroom Teacher (SEN) for 12 months maternity cover
ClassroomTeacher (SEN) Vacancy
for 12 months maternity cover (in the first instance)
Required from January 2023
Dame Ellen Pinsent School, Ardencote Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham,
Tel: 0121 675 2487
Chair of Governors – Mr Andy Punch
Headteacher – Mrs Denise Fountain
The Governors are looking to appoint a Class Teacher to cover 12 months maternity leave (in the first instance), who is a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic practitioner to join our dedicated team of staff and Governors. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in primary education either within mainstream or special education.
We are an outstanding and popular Special school for children with cognition and learning difficulties, with strong community links throughout the area of South Birmingham. Our buildings are located within spacious grounds with woods, storytelling area, and a huge potential for outdoor and creative learning. We are a well-resourced school that offers good professional development opportunities within a friendly, talented, multi-disciplinary team of colleagues.
At Dame Ellen Pinsent School you will:
· Be supported to develop and grow as a teacher
· Have the privilege of working with and contributing to the lives and education of inspirational children.
· Be a talented teacher who has experience of working with children with special education needs.
· Be flexible, committed and have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Benefit from IT equipment (e.g. laptop and iPad) and the schools Staff Well-being and Medical support
· Be part of the exciting and innovative Birmingham Special Schools Cooperative Trust
Informal conversations/visits to discuss the post can be made week commencing 3rd October 2022. Please telephone the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time to speak with a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 5th October 2022
Interviews: Friday 14th October 2022
Please refer to the school’s website for full details of the school, job description, person specification and application form. www.dameellenpinsent.bham.sch.uk
Dame Ellen Pinsent School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to employment checks including an enhanced DBS check
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.