Skip to content ↓
Dame Ellen Pinsent School

Dame Ellen Pinsent School


Transport is provided for some children by Birmingham City Council and is not under the control of the school. Please see the information below. Further information, and an application form, may be downloaded at the bottom of the page.

Assistance can be considered for those children who are resident within the City of Birmingham and for children in the care of Birmingham City Council and have special educational needs, a disability or mobility problem and for this reason cannot reasonably be expected to walk to school.

Parents/carers of children and young people with special educational needs e.g. with an Educational Health Care Plan are expected to make arrangements for their child to attend school in the same way as all other parents of children without special needs. This is an important factor in developing the child or young person’s independence, social and life skills. The placement of a child with special educational needs in a special school or mainstream primary or secondary school does not mean that a child will automatically qualify for free travel assistance.

The Council has a duty to make the most efficient and effective use of the resources it has available and Travel Assist will undertake an assessment of your child’s needs and will take into account the age of your child, their special educational needs and their abilities.

  • Apply for free school travel assistance - Link
  • Attachment - BCC Travel assistance policy for 0-25 year olds in education  - May 2019